1. The Promoter is The Monologue Project.
2. Information on prizes and instructions on how to enter the World Monologue Games (WMG) form part of these Terms and Conditions.
3. By entering WMG, entrants are deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
4. Participation is voluntary and entrants agree to participate exclusively and entirely at their own risk.
5. By entering or preparing to enter WMG, entrants agree to hold the Promoter harmless and indemnify them in conjunction with any disability, death, loss or damage to person or property that may occur as a result of engaging in any activities in relation to this event.
6. To enter WMG, entrants must fill the submission form correctly and entries must be received by the Promoter by 11.59pm Sydney (AU) time on the specified closing date.
7. All entrants receive one free entry to the competition upon registration. No individual may register more than one time in order to gain multiple free entries. Anyone registering more than once will be completely disqualified with no warning or notice. If duplicate entries are submitted through deception or any individual is found to have tampered with the entry process, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify the entrant without warning or notice.
8. Video submissions needs to be a new recording created specifically for the WMG competition dated 1st April 2020 or later. Re-uploading of previous recordings will not be allowed. We will check the internet for copies or records of your recording (including but not limited to the following sites: YouTube, StarNow and social media) if you progress past the Qualifier round. Any entrant found to contravene this condition will be disqualified.
9. The duration of the monologue MUST fall within the time limit of the category in which the submission is made, otherwise, the entry will be disqualified.
10. Any monologue submitted that is about the Coronavirus will be disqualified.
11. Submissions must be one continuous shot, rather than using multiple takes, camera angles or otherwise cutting footage together. Submissions which are not one continuous shot will be disqualified.
12. The Promoter reserves the right to re-publish the videos submitted for the competition on the Promoter's website, social media accounts or elsewhere as it sees fit.
13. The entrant must obtain permission from the author if they use a script written by anyone other than themselves for their submission. Prior to entering WMG and submitting a video, the entrant must obtain the author’s permission to use his or her work in the manner consistent with the competition terms. If we receive a complaint from an author that you have used their script without permission, you will be disqualified.
14. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with this competition or use of, or participation in, the prize.
15. The judges' decision is final and binding. As such, no correspondence will be entered into.
16. Winners will be contacted by email. The Promoters will also announce the winners on The Monologue Project website.
17. All prize winners agree to the use of the videos, their name and country for publicity and competition purposes, without compensation.
18. Unless expressly stated, all other expenses become the responsibility of the winner.
19. If any prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value.
20. If, for any reason, a winner does not take the prize or any part of the prize by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize or that part of the prize will be forfeited.
21. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the prize except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
22. Prizes are not redeemable for cash or credit and no exchanges are offered. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prize (or part thereof) by its sponsors.
23. The Promoter collects personal information from the entrants to enable the Promoter to administer and promote this Competition and the winner. The details of the winners may be provided to third parties who are assisting the Promoter, including staff and prize suppliers. Entrants who fail to provide all requested information may be determined by the Promoter, at its sole discretion, to be ineligible to win a prize. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
24. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, corruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of, entries. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer networks and systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by the Promoter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any web site, or any combination of them, including any injury or damage to any entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this competition.
25. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions or engaged in misconduct. In those instances, there will with no recourse and no correspondence will be entered into.
26. The Promoter may in its absolute discretion modify, suspend or terminate the competition without notice.