1. The Promoter is The Monologue Project.
2. Information on prizes and instructions on how to enter World Monologue Film Festival (WMFF) form part of these Terms and Conditions.
3. By entering WMFF, entrants are deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
4. Participation is voluntary and entrants agree to participate exclusively and entirely at their own risk.
5. By entering or preparing to enter WMFF, entrants agree to hold the Promoter harmless and indemnify them in conjunction with any disability, death, loss or damage to person or property that may occur as a result of engaging in any activities in relation to this event.
6. To enter WMFF, entrants must fill the submission form correctly and entries, including the entry fee, must be received by the Promoter by 11.59pm Sydney (AU) time on the specified closing date.
7. Films must be one continuous shot, rather than using multiple takes, camera angles or otherwise cutting footage together. Submissions which are not one continuous and uninterrupted shot will be disqualified.
8. Films must contain camera movement. This can be as little or as much as the entrant chooses, so long as it is not entirely static.
9. Films must feature no more than one person on screen for the entire duration of the film. Replacing one subject with another subject is not allowed.
10. Offscreen or pre-recorded voices are not allowed.
11. Films must have a total run time of 60 - 150 seconds. Another shorter or longer than this duration range will be disqualified.
12. Films can have a credit roll that runs for up to 5 seconds which is in addition to the 60 - 150 second duration limit. For example, a film which runs for 57 seconds with a 4 second credit roll will be disqualified, or a film which runs for 147 seconds with a 5 second credit roll will be accepted.
13. Films must not mention Coronavirus or the global pandemic, or be deemed by the Promoter as relating to Coronavirus or the global pandemic.
14. Films cannot contain additional video footage.
15. Entrants must have complete and unrestricted permission to use any copyrighted elements within their film, such as music, sound effects or the written script. Entrants will be required to provide evidence that usage rights have been obtained for any music, sound effects, scripts or other copyrighted materials which they use. If we receive a complaint from a copyright holder that you have used their intellectual property without permission, you will be disqualified.
16. Films may contain music, sound effects, graphics or visual effects, so long as complete and unrestricted broadcast rights have been obtained for any copyrighted materials and the film is still recognisable as a single, continuous and uninterrupted take.
17. Entrants grant the Promoter unrestricted rights to broadcast their film as part of the event. This includes publicly available livestream events, broadcast in a physical cinema and broadcast of the event as a pay-on-demand offering on a streaming platform. No compensation will be offered for broadcasting the Entrant's film.
17. The livestream events will be publicly available for seven (7) days, after which they will only be available on a pay-on-demand streaming platform.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to publish the event on the Promoter's website, social media accounts or elsewhere as it sees fit during the seven (7) days of public availability as per clause 17 above.
19. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with this competition or use of, or participation in, the prize.
20. The judges' decision is final and binding. As such, no correspondence will be entered into.
21. Winners will be contacted by email. The Promoters will also announce the winners on The Monologue Project website.
22. All prize winners agree to the use of the videos, their name and country for publicity and competition purposes, without compensation.
23. Unless expressly stated, all other expenses become the responsibility of the winner.
24. If any prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value.
25. If, for any reason, a winner does not take the prize or any part of the prize by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize or that part of the prize will be forfeited.
26. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the prize except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
27. Prizes are not redeemable for cash or credit and no exchanges are offered. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prize (or part thereof) by its sponsors.
28. The Promoter collects personal information from the entrants to enable the Promoter to administer and promote this Competition and the winner. The details of the winners may be provided to third parties who are assisting the Promoter, including staff and prize suppliers. Entrants who fail to provide all requested information may be determined by the Promoter, at its sole discretion, to be ineligible to win a prize. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
29. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, corruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of, entries. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer networks and systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by the Promoter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any web site, or any combination of them, including any injury or damage to any entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this competition.
30. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions or engaged in misconduct. In those instances, there will with no recourse and no correspondence will be entered into.
31. The Promoter may in its absolute discretion modify, suspend or terminate the competition without notice.